Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Centred

Display Trending Posts

Display Instagram Footer

Dark or Light Style

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Cristina Riches aka Bird, is the founder of BirdsParty.com. She's also a creative mom of two, published author, graphic designer, freelance photographer, magazine editor and unconditional party lover. Her party ideas and photos have been featured on numerous publications such as Forbes.com, CNN Entertainment, Parenting Magazine, Celebrate Magazine, All You Magazine, Elle Decor and MarthaStewart.com. She also regularly creates content for brands such as PBS Parents, HGTV, Coca-Cola, Nestlé, Pillsbury, PayPal, Mars, Hellmann's, Cultura France and Danone to name a few.

My Kids' Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party


Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com

I have been meaning to post these photos for a loooong time now, but so many things have happened since the party (back in September) including a computer break down...that I only got the chance now!

This was a butterfly and frog garden party themed celebration since my kiddos were born on the same day, two years apart! Not planned, juts one of those things ;) So it's a perfect birthday theme for twins also!


Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com
 
Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com

Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com

Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com

Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com

Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com

Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com

Joint Garden Party - Frog & Butterfly Themed Birthday: Party Ideas, Printables and Styling

Choosing the theme was quite tricky, as both my children were born on the same day, two years apart (and are NOT twins btw..), and both like different things. 

As September is quite warm over these parts, we wanted to have a garden party, literally in the garden. My only concern was not making it too girly for my son, but girly enough for my daughter...So we decided to go with Frogs and Butterflies, to help tie in with the whole Party in The Garden theme.

The colour palette was green and pink, and I wanted to have two mini parties in one. The idea was unusual, but it came to me because I wanted the children to each have their own mini-celebration, independent of each other - Their own special, party corner if you like! :)

Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com

Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com

To do that I decided to use gingham as a tablecloth, and I sewed it with pink gingham fabric on one side and green gingham on the other. The gingham not only helped to divide the table, but also helped to keep the theme harmonious at the same time.

Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com

Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com

Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com


Joint Garden Party - Frog & Butterfly Themed Birthday: Desserts Table

We set the main dessert table in front of a old stoned-wall that has a wooden trellis and green shrubs growing on it, to act as the table backdrop. I think it looked quite rustic and gave a "real" garden sense to the table, plus it cost nothing to make! :)

Toy frogs and cute butterflies borrowed from my children's bedrooms, as well as printable party-ware (banner, cupcake toppers, napkin rings etc) from shop, helped to set the scene. I also used mini wooden wheelbarrows I found at my dollar store ages ago, to display food,  homemade lollipops and party napkins and cutlery.


Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com

Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com

Joint Garden Party - Frog & Butterfly Themed Birthday: DIY Decor and Party Favors

I love to be able to get stuck in as much as I can for my any of my parties, and tried to make a lot of the party décor, party crafts, favors and sweet treats myself - From the design of the  party printables off course (that you can find here), decorated cookies, to the cupcakes, tablecloth, sugar lollipops and the table centerpiece that I re-purposed from my Easter décor

The entrance gates and garden fences were decorated with pink and green balloons to welcome the guests, as well as these cute flower balloon arrangements that I found on Martha Stewart! Aren't they cute? Super easy to make too!

Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com


Joint Garden Party - Frog & Butterfly Themed Birthday: Drinks Station

The food included the usual suspects: homemade cupcakes decorated with royal pink icing and frog cupcakes decorated with marzipan (tutorials coming soon), pizza and quiche Lorraine (both from local baker's), as well as sweet treats like homemade chocolate-dipped marshmallows, meringues and candy galore - All in the colors of the party off course! :)

For drinks we had fruit juices, and grenadine and mint sirops (pink and green cordial) that were served with cute decorated straws!

Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com


Joint Garden Party - Frog & Butterfly Themed Birthday: DIY Decorations

Eventually, I'll share all my tutorials with you, such as the candy topiary that you can see on the photo, as well as the recipes for my super yummy chocolate pots! The idea here was to make them look like little flower pots with dirt (chocolate sprinkles or crushed oreos) in them. They were a big hit with the kids and adults alike!

Joint Garden Party - Frog & Butterfly Themed Birthday: Party Games & Activities

For the party activities we had a frog pinata that I got online from the UK, good old musical chairs and arts and crafts. I made some butterfly and frog masks from craft foam, and the children had a lot of fun decorating them with glitter, beads and foamy shapes. Again, I'll make the templates available for you to download very soon...

Favors included candy bags, toy gardening kits and butterfly hair accessories for the girls. Each guest took home a little brown bag full of goodies and homemade treats! :)

Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com

Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com

My sister came down from London for the occasion, and was a HUGE help! So much so, that I'm planning to hire her to manage Bird's Party UK headquarters. Without her support and my sweet husband by my side (who turned out to be a great DJ too...), this party would not have been possible!

Joint Butterfly & Frog Garden Birthday Party - BirdsParty.com

All in all, we were all knackered by the end of it,  there are always things I could have done better or I was not totally happy with, but we had a lot of fun, great laughs, and the children really enjoyed themselves as you can see from the photos...And that's what really matters at the end of the day, isn't it?! :)

Now that I've got the photos sorted, I'll be posting the tutorials for the party crafts and recipes real soon, so make sure you come back, k?! :)

Thanks for stopping and have a great week!

Joint Garden Party - Frog & Butterfly Themed Birthday: Party Credits

Party styling and printable party ware: Bird's Party
Party supplies: Birds' Party
Photography: Moi :)


You Might Also Like

45 comments:

  1. I just love stopping by and seeing all the beautiful and fun stuff you do girl!! Just love it!

    Have a great day :)

    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laura, that means a lot!
    Have a great day too sweetie!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you know hopping is spelled wrong.. it shows hoping not hopping.

      Delete
  3. Nossa! Quantas coisinhas gostosas nesta festinha linda!
    Tudo de muito bom gosto, as crianças são belíssimas!
    Tudo marabvilhoso, amei!!
    Bjos: Tia Ném.

    ReplyDelete
  4. que lindoooooo, amazing dear little big bird :)
    Ficou maravilhoso tudo e as fotos de voces juntos....que bencao amiga, voces sao lindossss :)
    Parabens viu?
    beijinhos carinhosos
    So

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing party! Thanks for sharing and for the link for the lollipop recipe too! Thanks! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ingenius! I love the frog cup cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. que festa linda!!!
    estou encantada, vc fez tudo de acordo com as cores... balas, pirulitos, tudo verde e rosa!
    parabens

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Bird,
    Thank you so much for sharing the most glorious party post - I loved the double theme and you executed it perfectly! I did a butterfly garden theme for my little Gabriella in August - I wish I would have had all your lovely ideas and printables for my party!
    I also wanted to thank you so much for posting my "pinkalicous party"
    from Concetta's Cafe last week - you have one of my most favorite blogs and what an honor to be included!
    <>< Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  9. c'est très joli !!bravo ! tes enfants sont trop mignons et la déco au top !! très réussi !
    bon,je vais donc aller faire un tour chez casa à nouveau pour essayer de trouver de jolies "candy jar" ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so grateful for the generous and sweet comments here! Thank you for making my week ladies! :)

    hahah Sorais, é minha irma! Quem dera eu estar assim glam depois de um dia tao corrido! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMAZING!!! The table setting looks amazing. This is a really smart idea. I am sure they loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice pictures. I will be using few of these ideas in my kid's birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great party!! I have 2 little ones with birthdays 4 days apart (and 2 years). This is a great idea for their next birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bird, you are just too GOOD!! That split table is Fantastic, as is everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Staci, let me know how it turns out? I'd love to see your ideas too! :)

    Chris, I'm not worthy! You are such an amazing party fairy, and to hear that makes my heart sing!! :)

    THANK YOU all for your darling comments!

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous party you gave your kids! I love the colours you used and how well you adapted the party for both of them. I have to sympathise having two kids with a birthday on the same day : My kids are a week apart to the day (but 4 years apart). My son was actually due the day before my daughter's birthday, but he came a week early. I know just how hectic it can be having 2 birthdays so close!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I forgot to ask : In your pictures you have cute cups filled with what looks like chocolate sauce - is that chocolate milk or a dessert?

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful party theme!! How clever to combine two parties into one, and to make it so special for each of your children!! Just love all your wonderful ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bird,

    What a talent you are! Your garden party is just delightful and your children beautiful. You did such a great job...my favorites, those frog cupcakes are the most!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything is lovely & such a great way to celebrate them both individually. The topiary is gorgeous! Amazing odds for them to be born on the same day too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cris, adorei a ideia das duas cores como referência individuais para os aniversariantes, bem bonito e original. Beijão! Fabi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Veronica, I'll be sharing all the tutorials here soon..but the chocolate pots are actually like a dessert consistency.

    xoxo and thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cris, querida,
    Estou sem palavras diante de uma festa tão maravilhosa!!! Os detalhes ficaram perfeitos!!!
    Amei tudo! Os cupcakes de sapinhos ficaram lindos demais!!!
    Sei que deu um grande trabalho, mas aposto que as crianças amaram essa festa!!!
    Parabéns pra mamãe incrivelmente caprichosa, talentosa, criativa... e muita saúde e alegrias pros seus lindos filhinhos! Aliás, toda a família é linda...aquela é sua irmã? Cadê você nessa festa? Tímida, né?rs!
    Beijos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Talk about splitting things down the middle! I love how you did that, I think that will be the start of a new trend, instead of moms struggling to combine themes, just do halvies! I can't wait to share!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a SUPER awesome idea for making it fair, yet pleasing both kids! Well done-it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great idea!!! and executed to perfection, loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. My little mind was blown away. That was genius and amazing. I like the frog cupcake a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You ladies are making me blush now! :)

    Thank you from the heart!!! Your opinion and feedback really means more than words can express eloquently....

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG!!! I totally LOVE this party! You did an amazing job combining a boy's and girl's party together, everything looks amazing and adorable and creative to the max...

    Your kids are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cris, que festa mais completa e perfeita!!!! E suas fotos estão cada vez mais lindas! Aliás, seus pimpolhos são lindos e a filhota é tão fotogênica e expressiva! Parabéns por tudo, você é um sucesso! Beijão!

    ReplyDelete
  31. OI Katita, meu anjo obrigada plleos comentarios tao generosos! Te admiro muito e valeu também pela visitinha!!

    beijocas

    ReplyDelete
  32. AMAZING!!! It all looks just beautiful...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh!!! Wonderful I totally Screw this circle! You did an impressive job compounding a boy's and lover's organization together, everything looks awesome and lovely and imaginative to the max...

    -----------
    Children's Parties

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cris, a festa ficou encantadora!
    Seus filhos são muito fofos e sua irmã é muito bonita e simpática. Por que vc não mostrou uma foto sua? Tímida??? Vc é linda, Cris.
    Parabéns pelo lindo trabalho, adorei a combinação dos elementos, dividindo a mesa em duas cores. Ficou como vc queria: nem muito feminino o lado dele, nem menos feminino o lado dela. Perfeito!
    E pelas carinhas de felicidade, eles adoraram.
    BJks

    ReplyDelete
  35. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Seriously. How do you manage your time to get all the tiny details in? I throw combined parties for my two little boys, and while they are awesome, I am never able to get all the details that I want in! I am a cake maker, but my boys' cakes are never up to par because I have to rush through them to get the rest of the party ready before guests arrive. Please share your secrets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI, I start planning months in advance and do a bit a a time each night after work or on the weekends. It's a LOT of work I agree, but if you spread it through several months, then it's possible as you see! :)

      But the main thing is that you enjoy it and it does not become a chore. All your boys care about is having a good time on their special day, and if mom is stressed, then it's no fun for anyone! ;)

      Oh, and don't be afraid to ask for help from a partner or freind or family member! :)

      Delete
  37. Loving looking at your pictures for inspiration. Wonder if anyone told you about your typo? "Thanks for hoping over!" ? oops

    Regardless, LOVING all your ideas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL No one until now! :)
      Thanks for the heads up! I think the kids couldn't care less as the candy inside was more appealing! ;)

      Delete
  38. Came across this as I was searching for something for my boy/girl twins 3rd birthday !! LOVE IT!! This is my first real kids birthday to throw (not just adult family coming over). Did you have any sort of activities for the kids you would recommend.?

    ReplyDelete
  39. Por favor as borboletinhas colada na colher onde posso encontrar

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ! We would love to hear what you thought about this post and feel free to suggest content you would like to see ! :-)

Please note that comments are moderated and spam will be deleted.

[name=Cristina Riches aka Bird] [img=https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rgs8z050PyY/WunXdXzZ5VI/AAAAAAAAxjc/qiDi9XqWXLwHWPcat9CjHUSxy-f2PaTNgCK4BGAYYCw/s277/P1470392.JPG] [description=Cristina Riches aka Bird, is the founder of BirdsParty.com. She's also a creative mom of two, published author, content creator & social media marketing influencer, graphic designer, freelance photographer and writer (for English, French and Portuguese-speaking publications), magazine editor and unconditional party lover. Her party ideas and photos have been featured on numerous publications such as Forbes.com, CNN Entertainment, BHG Magazine, Parenting Magazine, Celebrate Magazine, All You Magazine, Elle Decor and MarthaStewart.com. She also regularly creates content for brands such as PBS Parents, HGTV, Coca-Cola, Nestlé, Pillsbury, PayPal, Sony, Sizzix, Mars, Hellmann's, Cultura France and Danone to name a few.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/birdparty) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.com/birdsparty/) (instagram=http://instagram.com/birdsparty) (youtube=http://www.youtube.com/birdspartytricks) (twitter=http://twitter.com/birdsparty)

Follow on Instagram @BirdsParty